Re: Buying WinHelp

Subject: Re: Buying WinHelp
From: Scott Miller <scott_miller -at- CCMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:04:43 -0800

>>>My company wants to buy WinHelp but we can't find
>>>who sells it or what's the going price.

WinHelp is the viewer for Windows help files, those with the suffix HLP.
WinHelp is shipped free with every Windows, Windows 95, and Windows NT OS. If
you have Windows, you already have WinHelp.

If you want to create HLP files, you can get a help authoring tool, ranging in
price from free to several hundred dollars. If you have Word, you can create
help without an authoring tool, provided you have an infinite amount of time and
patience.

You can download the Windows 95 compiler and Help Workshop from:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/hcwsetup.EXE

You can download the Windows 3.1 compiler from:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/hc505.exe

For more information, including a FAQ that should answer all the basics, I have
a WinHelp site at a TEMPORARY location:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6793/helpsurv.htm

Once you get going, subscribe to the WinHelp listerve for more information:
http://www.humberc.on.ca/~byrnes/winhelp.html

- Scott Miller
Lotus cc:Mail
Scott_Miller -at- ccmail -dot- com