Single source print & vanilla HTML creation

Subject: Single source print & vanilla HTML creation
From: Eric Thomas <eathomas -at- DBITS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:59:45 -0500

This is my first post on this listserv, as I just found out about it
recently, so please forgive me if this has been covered recently.

I'm currently developing user documentation that will be available both in
print and HTML format. I want to be able to flag some of the source
material to only go to the print version, some to go to only the HTML
version, and some to both. We don't plan on doing any WinHelp or MS HTML
Help versions right now, just print and plain-old-HTML that can be read
from a browser such as Navigator or Explorer. Does anyone out there know
of a product for PC that can do this, and do it well?

Thanks in advance.
-Eric