Re: Question about FrameMaker Developer Kit

Subject: Re: Question about FrameMaker Developer Kit
From: "Nagai, Paul" <pnagai -at- VISA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:02:16 -0700

>-- [ From: Dawn-Marie * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>I need to know if the FDK will perform the needed actions
>before we actually purchase it. The big action is searching
>for a paragraph tag, cutting out that tag up to the next
>tag, and saving this information as a MIF file with a specifed
>name.
>
>Can someone please point me to a resource (list, web site, guru,
>etc.) that can give me in-depth information?

Adobe's FDK page starts here:
http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/framemaker/prodinfofdk.html

There is no mailing list or website I've found that features FDK
information. The Framers mailing list may be your best bet for FDK
resources. You can subscribe using these instructions:

Send the message:
subscribe framers
To:
majordomo -at- workingtogether -dot- com

Finally, I'm no guru, but I have done some FDK programming.
Unfortunately my hard disk has only partially recovered from a crash and
I can't access the FDK docs at the moment to verify that the selection
of the tag and previous tag is possible.

However, searching a document and writing MIF files are most definitely
supported. I suspect that what you want is possible ... it will just
require more or less C/C++ programming using the FDK depending on how
complicated your requirements actually are.

>------
>Paul Nagai
>Visa International
>pnagai -at- visa -dot- com