Re: FrameMaker+SGML, importing Visio diagrams

Subject: Re: FrameMaker+SGML, importing Visio diagrams
From: "Nagai, Paul" <pnagai -at- VISA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:13:40 -0700

>2. A W3-standard for vector-based graphics on the web. The text in a flow
>chart suffers unspeakably - and unreadably - when it's run through any gif
>conversion. The alternative is to start with 14- or maybe 18-point type,
>which would require breaking the flowcharts across several pages in Frame.
>Ugh.

Something we would like (this is no longer really Frame related, sorry)
is for Visio to support "stroking" text...that is, converting text to
purely vector graphics. This would reduce the problems you see when you
convert Visio drawings to GIF and the problems we see when we convert
them through another processor.

------
Paul Nagai
Visa International