Word 7 -- Help!

Subject: Word 7 -- Help!
From: "Bayne, Sonia E." <BAYNESO -at- AMSWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 11:23:04 -0400

I'm posting this on behalf of my husband -- a consultant working at
home, no handy tech resource available. I'm a digest reader, so please
respond to:
mailto:bayneso -at- amsworld -dot- com

Here's the deal: Word 7 on Win 95 has been performing fine for many
months -- now it is suddenly acting up. (Someone more used to a Mac did
use his PC briefly at the weekend before the problem showed up, but that
may just be a coincidence.) Here's the problem: when opening an existing
document, the screen is not wyswig -- all docs appear with the same sans
serif font, bold is shown as underline, tabs and spaces are underlined.
The doc prints out okay. MS support had him go into Word via the exec
with /a command at the end, and that is fine as a workaround (don't
know why though). "They" say that a file is missing (winword.opt).

So -- any Word 7 users out there who have had a problem like this? Does
your Word7 have a file called winword.opt? Any resolution other than
reloading the program? And what does /a do?

I learn a lot from y'all <g>. Thanks in advance for the help.
Sonia Bayne

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -- Groucho
Marx