Re: problems with text in gif image on web page, suggestions???

Subject: Re: problems with text in gif image on web page, suggestions???
From: Melissa Anne Hess <manneh -at- BGNET -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:50:20 -0400

I have had the same problems with graphics for the web, especially text. I
examined your page quickly and IMHO it did not look real jagged. When I use
drop shadows in my graphics, I same the image as a .jpg. A .gif image seems
to be more useful for solid blocks of color and a .jpg image seems to work
better for gradients and photos.