problems with text in gif image on web page, suggestions???

Subject: problems with text in gif image on web page, suggestions???
From: Michael Little <ur004135 -at- MAIL01 -dot- MEL -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 18:32:13 +0000

Hello,
I seem to be having problems generating large text with a drop
shadow on my web page:

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hypercom/HypCmOvview.htm

The text edges appear to be jagged, and the drop show seems to be
pixelated. Yet when I view the image in a bitmap editor such as paint
shop pro, the edges appear clean (to test this right mouse click on
the image, and save it to a file, and view it in a bitmap editor).

1. what is causing this problem?
2. What can I do to fix this problem? Is there a special setting or
HTML I need to include to overcome this problem?

Regards,

Mike Little
Hyper Communications
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hypercom/welcome.htm

Michael Little
1/36 Lusher Road, Croydon, 3136,
Victoria, Australia
Email: hypercom -at- c31 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au
Tel:015 886 190; Fax: 03 9722 9268