Re: Language rules

Subject: Re: Language rules
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:48:07 -0700

Miss Thistlebottom's Hobgoblins: The careful writer's guide to the taboos,
bugbears and out-moded rules of English usage. Theodore M. Bernstein.
Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, New York 1971. This book is worth looking for.

You might also be interested in Bernstein's The Careful Writer, Atheneum,
New York, 1977. This book is a classic. You can probably still find it on
the bookshelves.

Marilynne <who agrees that communication must have its practical side>