Re: Headers and Footers in WORD

Subject: Re: Headers and Footers in WORD
From: Mc Jdub <wigginje -at- PSSCH -dot- PS -dot- GE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 13:43:59 -0400

> I'm working with a document in WORD 7.0 that varies its pages between
> portrait
> to landscape. Is there any way in the landscape sections to have the
> headers and
> footers appear in the same place on the page as in the portrait
> sections?

I don't know if they've fixed this situation with Word 7, but to
accomplish the task in other versions of Word you need to do 3 things:

1) remove all running heads from the landscape pages
2) create blank portrait pages that contain the properly located running
heads and correct page numbers
3) after printing the appropriate pages, run those that contain the
landscape material *through the printer a second time,* indicating in
the print menu dialog that you want to print the corresponding portrait
pages (Note that the reverse will also work -- i.e., running a blank
running head page through the printer a second time with the appropriate
landscape page selected)

It's often easier to move all landscape pages to the end of the
document, leaving the blank portrait pages in their places as "markers."
Your situation may call for a different arrangement.

Hope this helps,
Jeff Wiggin
Citizen of the Empire
mailto:wigginje -at- pssch -dot- ps -dot- ge -dot- com