Re: Relative paths in Word

Subject: Re: Relative paths in Word
From: Christopher Knight <knight -at- ADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 16:42:19 PDT

> From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
> Subject: Relative paths in Word
> To: TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
>

> Unfortunately relative paths don't always seem to work and I haven't
> been able to work out how to get the pictures to appear every time.
>
> Sometimes they appear as they should, sometimes a simple F9 (Update
> fields) does the trick, sometimes the only thing to do is to relink.
>

> Can anyone out there help?
> <<
>
> I've had this problem too, and never quite got to the bottom of it,
> but I suspect that the archive status of the linked graphic file makes
> a difference. I know it shouldn't, and can't see why it should, but it
> is worth a try!
>
> Iain Harrison
> iharrison -at- sct -dot- co -dot- uk
> iain -at- hairydog -dot- clara -dot- net

Nah it's just quirky Word. I have seen the linked pictures "disappear"
many times even though neither the "container" file nor the graphics
file has changed. Yes, sometimes F9 (update fields) works, but not
always. Sometimes you have to close Word, and start again. Poof!
The links are back. Just Word at work. Spooky.