Coopers & Lybrand Report

Subject: Coopers & Lybrand Report
From: Daniel Wise <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 23:11:16 -0500

Colleagues,

Posting this appeal to two lists because I cannot remember on which list I
saw it.

I think that within the past week I saw a posting of the salary information
from the Coopers & Lybrand report. However, I deleted all my old digests in
a mad fit of hard drive purging this weekend.

Wouldn't you know, about dinnertime (supper?) I got a call from a former
workmate who has just been given management responsibility and the task of
reorganizing the pubs department. He is laboring under the curse of a
previous manager who paid little and got what was paid for. When the old
manager left, words were spoken to the effect that the department was filled
with incompetents.

My colleague is building a budget for his new department that he says will
cause his manager to "soil his linen big time." He needs the very
information C&L published. He already has the last published STC figures.
The C&L figures will just lend credibility.

Does anyone have the original post of the C&L figures?

BTW, this company has a reputation locally for paying less than optimum
wages. My friend is trying to rectify this situation. He is also trying to
fill a couple of openings with "competent" people at a reasonable wage.

Many thanks in advance. Off-list replies appreciated.

Dan Wise
dewise -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com