Please focus on the "technical" on this list

Subject: Please focus on the "technical" on this list
From: Tom Herme <therme -at- NVBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 21:14:19 -0700

Hello, Everybody:

This post concerns the passionate discussions taking place within the past couple of
days on this list.

My ISP's mail server was down for about 48 hours until today. When it came up, and I was
able to collect my mail, I had 389 messages. All of these were from two lists I belong
to. One of them is Winhelp, the other is this one. The 389 postings were fairly evenly
divided between the two lists.

After persusing these messages by topic thread, at the end I discovered that all of the
ones I kept were from the Winhelp list. None were from this one.

Excuse me, people, but I subscribe to this list so that I can find ideas and solutions
to technical issues--issues that help me get my work done. I don't come to this list for
topics about degrees, certification, sexism, racism, dress codes, interview techniques,
resume styles, etc.

I would like Eric to remove all off-topic postings to this list. If not, I then invite
others who would agree with my focus to work with me to develop a new list that will
focus on what I thought this list was when I first subscribed.

Excuse me now, please. I have to go delve into the good information I gleaned today from
my Winhelp list.
--
ÐÏ à¡± á