Re: Second Oldest Profession?

Subject: Re: Second Oldest Profession?
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:00:00 -0700

Beth Agnew said:
> I submit, that when Gutenberg finally worked the bugs out of that press, =
> he had SOMEONE jot notes about which part went where, and exactly how to =
> lay the ink and the paper down so that the words turned out right side =
> up afterwards.

I think technical writing goes back much further than Gutenberg. For
example, the Egyptian Book of the Dead provides instructions on how to
perform the procedures necessary to achieve immortality. And for all we
know, the Lascaux cave paintings were originally designed to teach young
humans how to hunt!