Re: Degrees?

Subject: Re: Degrees?
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:10:00 -0700

First Tim Glasheen wrote:
> I think we may lose some quality candidates because of this though.
> Experience speaks for itself.

and Tracy asked:
> I used to see ads calling for a certain degree or "equivalent
> experience." Does anybody still do that?

NCS ads request either a degree or equivalent experience. That way, we
get responses from both degreed and non-degreed people, and have a
larger pool of candidates from which to choose. Our current team
includes eight people; some are degreed and some aren't, but they're all
excellent tech writers.