Re[2]: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!

Subject: Re[2]: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!
From: DWeber <dweber -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:52:12 EST

I went to the University of Central Florida. The tech writing program
is t op 10 in the country.

If you get a Masters degree.....consider Instructional Technology.
It's a great compliment to tech writing. To get a masters in Tech
writing if you have a B.A. in tech writing, is redundant.

I was lucky in that my program was VERY technical. We did learn alot
of theories and methodologies on writing styles, etc. But it focused
on hands-on experience.

I am trying to learn C++ myself. I bought a book called Learn Visual
C++ in 12 Easy Lessons by Greg Perry and Ian Spencer. It comes with a
C compiler to load onto your computer so you can practice. It's
pretty good. Good luck!

Subject: Re: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!
Author: "Williams, Diane (contractor)" <Williams_Diane -at- DOTE -dot- OSD -dot- MIL> at smtp
Date: 7/22/97 9:41 AM

Dang! Where'd you go to school?

My beef about my program is that it contains too much literary research
analysis (4 of the 10 required courses)! I wish my program were more
technical, but it's for a generic "professional writing and editing"
degree.

I dont' know that I *need* the M.A., but I know it will look good on
paper. I don't write code or users guides, but I think I'm going to get
some C++ books (C++ for Dummies? The Complete Idiot's Guide to C++??)
and read up on some programming! Last programming course I took was an
introduction to Fortran in high school! Y'all can guess on how long ago
that was!

~~Diane