Tool for OS/2 Screen Captures and Help - Summary

Subject: Tool for OS/2 Screen Captures and Help - Summary
From: Mike Norton <MNorton -at- DOCUCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:13:01 EST

A couple of days ago I posted a question asking what tools you guys
use to capture OS/2 screens and to convert WinHelp files into OS/2
Help files. Here is a summary of the answers I received.

1. Capturing OS/2 screens:

PMJPEG is a full-featured screen capture utility, except it cannot
capture pulldown menus.

http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/pmjpeg.htm

PMCAP is a simple screen capture program that has a delayed shutter
feature that allows you to capture pulldown menus.

http://www.to2.org/files/swdisks.html

PM Camera is a widely distributed shareware program.

http://www.vobis.de/bbs/firmen/ct/share/

2. Converting Window Help files (or RTF files) to OS/2 Help files
(or IPF files):

IBM's Hyperwise
A markup language editor, mostly WYSIWYG, and able to convert the work
files to HTML, IPF, or SGML. It includes IPF for Windows, which you
can distribute as a reader. A new version came out a couple of months
ago.

RTF2IPF
Developed by Randolph Back of Back Software & Consulting, Inc, this
tool is intended to allow generation of OS/2 .INF and .HLP files with
no hand editing from any Winhelp authoring tool. For more information
(and the beta test version) see http://www.backswc.com/rtf2ipf.htm.

WH2IPF
Was included in HLPDK/PA or HyperText Suite, this utility converted
HPJ and RTF files into IPF files. According to Hyperact, they no
longer sell this utility nor do they plan to upgrade it.
(We have this utility, but I cannot recommend it. We have invented
numerous workarounds to overcome its shortcomings.)

Thanks to all who responded,

Michael Norton