Re: How does one overcome...

Subject: Re: How does one overcome...
From: Lisa Higgins <lisarea -at- DRUAK -dot- DR -dot- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 09:55:48 +0000

> how does a female overcome the "What could
> a female actually know about tech. writing and
> computers?" not stated but thought objection???

I've found that, in situations like this, the best and most effective
response is to immediately squeal with glee, clapping raucously, then
point at the interviewer shouting, "YAAYYYYY!!! FUNNY MONKEY!"

Of course, if (and only if) you REALLY, REALLY need this job, you
could simply say that sex doesn't have any bearing on your ability to
do your job, then back that up with your resume and your experience.

And if you get the job, keep shopping.

Lisa.
lhiggins -at- lucent -dot- com