Re: Metaphors to aid description?

Subject: Re: Metaphors to aid description?
From: Sunil Gokhale <sunilg -at- PUNE -dot- TCS -dot- CO -dot- IN>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:47:11 +0530

It is an interesting item by John. Though the economist has highlighted
words that are now commonly used with the computers, I think that as new
avenues of any profession are explored, new words emerge as a consequence.
Today when we are living with the computer age, we find it strange that
metaphors are used for aid descriptions. But when during the Industrial
Revolution, as new devices came up, new words have originated, which now
have become household names.
It is the growth of a language through technological advances.

Sunil Gokhale, Technical Communicator
Tata Consultancy Services
sunilg -at- pune -dot- tcs -dot- co -dot- in