Tricky Possessives

Subject: Tricky Possessives
From: Nicole Cvetkovic <ncvetkov -at- MAIL -dot- ISLAND -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:31:08 -0700

Greetings from rainy Victoria,

Was wondering if any of you grammar wizards had a suggestion for the
following:

In making first reference to my subject (Seed Planning and Registry
System), I want to want to bracket the acronym (SPAR) immediately
following the initial reference. However, I also need to form a
possessive (Seed Planning and Registry System's) in the same sentence.
What, then, should go in the bracket?

To make things a little clearer, here's the sentence:

"...the Seed Planning and Registry System's (???) eventual migration..."

Should I form the possessive in the acronym as well?

Thanks!
Nicole