Re: FrameMaker 5.0 vs. Word '97

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 5.0 vs. Word '97
From: Tim Merrick <TimM -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:50:11 -0600

Lars:

PageMaker is essentially a graphic designer's tool for page layout. It
handles smaller publishing projects such as newsletters extremely well.
But it does not have FrameMaker's more robust ability to handle large
and more complex publishing projects. The bottom line: PageMaker is a
design tool, FrameMaker is a publishing tool.

My friend and co-worker Bill Burns beat me to the original response.
(Hey, Bill!) But I agree with him. FrameMaker is the best all-around
publishing tool currently on the market.

Tim Merrick
Senior Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group
timm -at- ile -dot- com