big number problem

Subject: big number problem
From: Nancy McDonald <nmcdonald -at- OTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 15:01:31 -0400

OK, everybody, it's way past my deadline, and of course the worst
happens... this is a MS Word problem, and I don't have time to
resubscribe to the word-l group, but here's what's going on. My manual
mostly consists of the two parts:
Here's what the blahdeblah is
Here's how to do it
1.
2
3 etc
Here's the next blah...
Here's how
1
2
3
Here...
I slip in a screen cap & "results" every now & then, which means chg the
numbering... continue, or start at 1, etc.

Well, I'm working on page 54, and (after tons of gfx), every time I
edit,the numbers are resetting to (right now 201) --I'm assuming--the
complete list of successive numbers throughout the doc!!! BTW, this doc
is in Word 97, saved as a rtf, and has been "on" all day today... and it
should have gone to review by 10 am this morning, so you can guess the
state of mind... am I even making sense anymore? Stress is playin w/ my
mind!!

HELP..
Nancy McDonald