Re: HELP:Acronym/ Glossary page numbers

Subject: Re: HELP:Acronym/ Glossary page numbers
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 14:03:59 -0500

----------
> From: Redick Kimberly <Redick_Kimberly -at- EMS -dot- PRC -dot- COM>
> Date: Wednesday, July 02, 1997 9:35 AM
>
> Right now:
> All chapter pages are numbered by chapter number and consecutive page
> (2-1, 2-1, 2-3, etc.).

FYI--This is called "folio-by-chapter" numbering. If you were using 1, 2,
3, ... instead, you would call that "consecutive" numbering.

> So how do I designated the acronym/glossary pages?
> Should I make it another appendix? (the SME doesn't really like this
> idea)
> Can I use X-1, X-2, etc.?
> Is there a standard?

There is no standard. You could use G-x, which would make it consistent
with what you're doing for the Index (I-x). This is really not any
different from making it an appendix, but don't tell that to the SME. :)

Regards...Kris