Re: Question about learning to develop online help

Subject: Re: Question about learning to develop online help
From: Debbie Molinaro <debbiem -at- UCS -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:23:17 -0400

> Okay, I found some Winhelp software that I could afford for my budget,
and
> I want start learning how to do online help. Problem is that I don't have
> piece of software to document. I'm also one of those people who learn
> better if they have a practical reason to learn something. So any
> suggestions where I might find a place where I could hook up with a
> programmer so that I can document an actual application.

Try downloading shareware that has lame online help. (Sometimes not too
hard to find. <g>) On your journey, some possible positive side effects
could happen:
- you learn "documentation by hacking"
- you learn about a product you didn't know before
- the shareware author might be interested in purchasing your help

Deb

Debbie Molinaro
debbiem -at- ucs -dot- net
"If you need a friend, then I am one and there's many, many more where I
come from."
- from "On My Honor," a Girl Scout camp song