Re: Would you hire...

Subject: Re: Would you hire...
From: Debbie Molinaro <debbiem -at- UCS -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 15:05:12 -0400

Chris Hamilton wrote:
> My question is this: if a technical writer were to take a year or two
> and program in COBOL because the money is incredible, would it hurt that
> technical writer's credibility with you if you were a hiring manager?

I *am* a hiring manager and you would not lose credibility with me for
taking a COBOL detour. Just remember, anything can happen with tools and
the trade in two years. Tech writers may have to be web site developers by
then. Make sure you're keeping up with your documentation skills on the
side, if you intend to come back. Bottom line: If I were you, I'd take it.
You won't get another chance like this for a thousand years.

Debbie

Debbie Molinaro
Manager, Technical Publications
Materials Research Corporation, Semiconductor group
debbiem -at- ucs -dot- net