Re: Getting started in WinHelp

Subject: Re: Getting started in WinHelp
From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:48:47 -0500

<stuff snipped>

> - fed up with Microsoft documentation? Roll your own! Make
> up "Paula's Powerpoint Pointers", or "WordPuffect Tips".
> <grin>

Ya know, this is almost as bad as the day I had to go present my portfolio
to other grad students here at UALR. I had to work before the presentation
and my boss and my co-workers saw the title (Paula Puffer's Professional
Writing Portfolio) and started having fun with the alliteration. Needless
to say, it's now titled Paula Puffer's Professional Writing Samples. Not
nearly as bad. I can't change the name but I can change the title 8-)

> - Create a help file on how to write help files.
>
> Lots of other ideas if you give it a little thought. If you
> really want a client, you might want to contact RoboHelp.
> Their documentation for version 3 was abysmal, and unless
> they've improved it since then...

Somehow I think the creators of Robohelp probably already have tech writers
Geoff. <grin>

Paula