Thanks and one more question

Subject: Thanks and one more question
From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:01:43 -0500

Thanks to all who took the time to answer my question about where to start.
I am going to start with my resume and work up from there.

For those of you asking what authoring system I am using, its a program
called Help Writers Assistant. I chose it over other shareware I looked at
because it had an HTML Help component as well. Robohelp, Doc-2-Help and
other programs are a bit out of my budget at the moment, so this was an
inexpensive solution that I could live with and still get the experience
that I need.

Learning lots of technology seems to be my focus for the summer since my
thesis deals with web technology and how it influences design. My other
question is this (and this is a purely subjective question) does knowing
how to do HTML help or hinder learning the online help process. My gut says
it should help since I know the basic concepts of hypertext and writing for
brevity for online stuff. But I also know that the implementation process
is a bit more complicated. What are your thoughts about this?

Paula

*********
Paula Puffer, Technical Writer
http://www.cei.net/~techwrtr/