seeking info about Compaq

Subject: seeking info about Compaq
From: "J. Wermont" <jwermont -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:11:13 -0700

Hello,

I'm looking for some info about Compaq computer company in Houston, TX.
Does anyone on this list work for them or know anyone who does? I'd like
to know something about their culture and work environment. Are they known
to treat their employees well? In particular I'd like to know how they
treat their *subsidiary* companies. They have just acquired Tandem Computers
(in the Bay Area) and I am very seriously considering taking a job there
as a tech writer.

I'm also not overly web-savvy, so if anyone can suggest some URLs where
I could find out more of this kind of info, I'd be grateful. I do know
the Compaq website address (a no-brainer!). But I'd like to know where I
might go to look up articles about the merger. If you don't know any such
site, do you know what would be a good search engine to use for something
like this? Yahoo never seems to find anything I'm looking for, so other
suggestions would be welcome.

To keep traffic low, why don't you reply to me directly? I'll summarize
if there's any interest.

Thanks,

Joyce Wermont
jwermont -at- netcom -dot- com