Re: Long-distance contracts

Subject: Re: Long-distance contracts
From: John Posada <JOHN -dot- POSADA -at- EY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 15:33:08 -0400

>>But I'm not sure if the reason is because they know it won't
work, and that successes are the exceptions. There are plenty
of web sites with documented/researched successes (e.g., Yahoo<<

The manager's that are so web-familiar that they would use it for the research
are the easy ones to convince, and in the minority. It's the majority of the
managers that are electronic-phobic (maybe too strong of a word) are still the
majority of those out there. Those are the ones that need to be convinced.

>> telework, telecommute), and not many with documented failures. This,

How many people are going to voluntaritly document their failures?

>>As to hints, procedures, and processes, anyone interested might join
the t-telcom mailing list (To: listserv -at- twh -dot- msn -dot- sub -dot- org Message:
SUBSCRIBE t-telcom) and "ask around." (Those web sites I<<

I was subscribed, fairly low activity. If you are going to be successful in
convincing your management to let you telecommute, or convince your customers
to let you work for them long-distance, it's going to take more than "I don't
understand...I have all the tools" It's going to take creative selling, just
like anything else.

John Posada
Ernst & Young
john -dot- posada -at- ey -dot- com