Human Interest

Subject: Human Interest
From: "Misti Tucker USAET(UTC -04:00)" <mtucker2 -at- E-MAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:41:20 EDT

Mike,

I would think that asking for a clearer definition of "human interest"
would be well within reason since we can most easily give our "customer"
(or would be employer) what they want if they tell us what that is.
Failing that, I would use second person, informal voice in the documentation
and informal voice and a "hook" in the press release. (A hook, as you know,
is an opening sentence, often a question, that "hooks" the readers' attention
and invites them to read on.)

hth

Misti Tucker
Technical Communication mta -at- cyberspace -dot- org (h)
& Help System Design mtucker2 -at- e-mail -dot- com (w)