Re: Certification Redux

Subject: Re: Certification Redux
From: "Misti Tucker USAET(UTC -04:00)" <mtucker2 -at- E-MAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:41:04 EDT

Bill BuBay said:
> The question is, who is qualified to judge that performance? People can't
> just take your word for it. The judgment of employers and customers is
> problematic also, as I have already indicated. They may or may not be
> qualified to judge.
Woah! If I write a document that pleases my employer/client and does the
job in helping my audience to learn and perform their jobs quickly and easily,
what other standards are necessary? How can my employer and customer be
unqualified to determine whether I gave them what they needed? They may not
have the words to express why it was unsatisfactory (I doubt it, but it's
possible) but they know whether it was or not.

Misti Tucker
Technical Communication mta -at- cyberspace -dot- org (h)
& Help System Design mtucker2 -at- e-mail -dot- com (w)