Pricing - Manual: Policies & Procedures

Subject: Pricing - Manual: Policies & Procedures
From: Cindy Bailey <baileycom -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 12:05:30 -0700

Hi, all.

I run my own firm, Bailey Communications, which does technical writing,
online documentation, and corporate communications. The bulk of the
work we do is some form of software documentation (paper, Windows
online, or Internet-based) and I am used to developing price structures
for those projects. I have done "Policies and Procedures" manuals in
the past, but that was some time ago. I have such a project before me
now and was wondering how to price the project. My instinct is this:
because I find "Policies and Procedures" manuals to be easier and less
taxing than producing software manuals, that I should probably charge a
lower hourly rate for the job. I would love to get your opinions on
this. Thanks in advance.

Cindy Bailey