Case Studies in International Technical Communication

Subject: Case Studies in International Technical Communication
From: Nancy Hoft <nhoft -at- WORLD-READY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:03:55 -0500

Hi Everybody,

A while back I posted an online request for cases studies in
international technical communication, which I wanted to use in my
workshop on preparing world-ready information products. I chose
four cases out of the over 30 I received. I hope to add new cases
every 2-3 months.

I've uploaded the cases (some facts modified, sources disguised) to
my Web site along with suggested solutions to two of the cases
arrived at by my students. The URL:

http://www.world-ready.com/cases/index.htm

I'm currently working on adding a bulletin board feature so that you
can post your ideas for solutions to cases or respond to the
comments of others. I hope to have that online in a few weeks along
with the new design for my Web site.

If you'd like to respond to the cases before I get the BBS set up,
just send it to me as an email. I'll store it away and post it on
the BBS when it's up and running.

I hope all of you who have an interest in international technical
communication find this helpful. I find the cases fascinating and
great fodder for discussion about this current, problematic, and
complex facet of technical communication.

Cheers,

Nancy Hoft

N A N C Y H O F T
Ph.D. Student, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
Michigan Technological University
PHONE: +1 906/482.5658 FAX: +1 906/482.0019
SMAIL: 209 W. Douglass Ave, Houghton, MI 49931-2221 USA
EMAIL: nlhoft -at- mtu -dot- edu -or- nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com
WEB: http://www.world-ready.com