Re: Certification Redux

Subject: Re: Certification Redux
From: Bill DuBay <bill_dubay -at- PHOENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:15:23 PDT

Employers hire unprepared tech writers all the time, because they simply
don't know good technical writing from bad. Certification gives them an
additional means of evaluating the skills of an applicant.

Bill DuBay
Technical Writer
Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
email: bill_dubay -at- phoenix -dot- com
(714)790-2049 FAX: (714)790-2001
http://www.phoenix.com
-------------
Original Text
From: Eric Haddock <ehaddock -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>, on 6/16/97 2:57 PM:
Bill DuBay writes:
>> I would like to apply for a job with all the armaments possible, my
portfolio, my resume, my good looks, my powers of persuasion. But especially
important would be a certificate from my professional peers testifying that I
have the skills they consider essential. That would be very satisfying to me.
<<

That's it? So you can have a warm fuzzy? Your portfolio isn't enough, your
resume isn't enough, your "powers of persuasion" (whatever n'hell that means)
aren't enough--so you need to have certification on top of all of that? Why
wouldn't all those other things be enough? What's wrong?

> certificate from my professional peers

Ooh--something I hadn't though of: who certifies the certifiers?

Regards from beautiful Wisconsin! :)

Me --> http://www2.pitnet.net/moonlion mailto:moonlion -at- full-moon -dot- com
Work --> http://www.engagenet.com mailto:ehaddock -at- engagenet -dot- com