Re: Certification Issues

Subject: Re: Certification Issues
From: Tracy Boyington <tboyi -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:23:23 +0000

> Bill DuBay writes:
>
> I was quite surprised to find a presentation by Larry Kunz at the
> Toronto meeting, in which he announced the funding of the new study, the first
> since the 4-year study done by the STC in 1982-86. <snip>
>
> I was surprised, because I felt there had been a blackout on any
> public discussion of this issue. In 10 years that I know of, only one article
> of note was published in any of the publications. When I expressed the
> novel idea that perhaps it would be well to inform people about the issues
> before surveying them, I was told: "It is too explosive an issue. People are
> tired of it. It will tear the society apart."

STC presented a teleconference on this very subject last fall. If
Bonni Graham is still here, she was one of the presenters (sorry, I
don't remember the others).

Tracy

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm