Re: Annotating FrameMaker documents

Subject: Re: Annotating FrameMaker documents
From: Viktor Haag <viktor -at- PEERGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 20:28:28 GMT

Lisa Leone <lisa -at- gordian -dot- com> wrote in article
<5nph29$7qc -at- metis -dot- gordian -dot- com>...
> In article <wilkins-ya02408000R1006971254130001 -at- newshost -dot- wehi -dot- edu -dot- au>
> wilkins -at- wehi -dot- edu -dot- au -dot- UNSPAM (John Wilkins) writes:
>
> > The readers can annotate just using the Acrobat Reader, which is
> > free, unless I'm mistaken.
>
> Actually, I'm pretty darned sure you need Acrobat Exchange to annotate
> PDF files. I just opened a file in Reader and couldn't find the notes
> option anywhere (it's under the Tools menu in Exchange).

I thought the "Notes" option was settable based on the PDF file's security
settings. That is, you can distribute a file which allows readers to
annotate, or you can forbid annotation.

--
Viktor Haag The Peer Group Inc
Technical Writer mailto:viktor -at- peergroup -dot- com