Pronunciation

Subject: Pronunciation
From: Matthew J Long <mjl100z -at- MAIL -dot- ODU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:11:14 -0400

How do you pronounce TECHWR-L?

I was telling my fiance' about this list serv thingy. Her familiarity with
computers and technical communication is growing yet limited, so I had to
do a bit of explaining. It then dawned on me that if I were asking a
fellow tech writer, "do you subscribe to TECHWR-L?", I would probably end
up writing it down or calling it "that technical writing list
server thin" to explain to him/her what I was talking about. My own
theories on the pronunciation are:

TEK WAR MINUS ELL
TEK WHIRL
TEK WERE ELL
TEK RILE

to name a few. I checked the archives and the www.documentation.com
website to try and find something, but found nothing.

I suppose I should ask Eric, the list owner, what he calls it. Anyhow, I
just thought it was an interesting topic.

Let me know what you think.

Matthew J. Long
Technical Writer
mjl100z -at- mail -dot- odu -dot- edu
matt -dot- long -at- justice -dot- usdoj -dot- gov

-When you can't be eloquent, choose brevity!