Re: The Ten Commandments of HTML

Subject: Re: The Ten Commandments of HTML
From: Dave Meek <meekd -at- WSERVER -dot- DO -dot- LOSRIOS -dot- CC -dot- CA -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:12:24 -0700

At 11:33 PM 6/10/97 -0400, Jim Cheval wrote:
>In a message dated 97-06-10 18:10:25 EDT, meekd -at- WSERVER -dot- DO -dot- LOSRIOS -dot- CC -dot- CA -dot- US
>(Dave Meek) writes:
>
><< Thou shalt not useth background and text colors that leadeth the color
>blind
> as if into darkness.
> >>
>Excellent consideration. Those colors are ?

Not being color blind myself, I am not familiar with all the color
combinations that can cause problems. I've been told, however, that green
and orange look the same to the color blind. Why anyone would ever want,
say, green text on an orange background is a mystery to me (unless it has
something to do with St. Patrick's Day).

By the way, my understanding is that color blindness is why so many men wear
shirt/pant combinations that look absolutely horrid. It's not that they
have no sense of aesthetics; it's that they literally can't see the difference.

Does anyone out there know the other color combos to avoid?