Re: Too short for a TOC

Subject: Re: Too short for a TOC
From: Laura Bean Warner <laura -dot- bean -at- DELTEC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:17:07 -0500

I think it depends on the nature of the information and how often the
user will be referencing it. If the information is somehow sequential
or otherwise logically ordered, then the TOC may not be necessary. (Of
course that means it is logical to someone who is less familiar with the
information than you :-) But, if the information more of a general
collection of stuff one might need to know, I would probably use a TOC.
I, personally, prefer opening up a manual to the correct page rather
than having to page through to find the information I want, especially
if I reference the manual frequently.

Laura