Re: Word Display Problem

Subject: Re: Word Display Problem
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:42:54 -0500

Kathy Ellis wrote:

> I've come across the same strange display problem with Word 6. Several of
> our customers have complained that graphics are often unreadable on their
> computers, and pagination is screwy. Someone suggested that we send
> WordViewer on the CD or disk with the documentation. Has anyone used this as
> a solution? Is there another way to cast a document in virtual concrete and
> preserve it's original format?

I believe Word Viewer still displays documents using available fonts, so
there could still be display and pagination problems. You might want to
consider Acrobat for casting the documents in virtual concrete. Note
that graphic legibility depends on screen resolution, so even Acrobat
can't always help you there. In fact I've never seen a PDF document with
good graphic display, although they print fine.

Good luck,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019