Re: UI terminology

Subject: Re: UI terminology
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 09:47:57 -0500

Kevin Smith wrote:

> Open query: What's the real name for the little white hand that appears
> over a link in HTML?
> (for that matter, what's the real name for the arrow?)
> I can't find a NAME for it in any of our MS guidelines or manuals.

Have you tried the W3 site? This is the authoritative source of
information on HTML. (I don't know if your question is addressed there,
but it's worth a shot.) Check out http://www.w3.org/ for more info.

Good luck,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019