Tech reviews of online help: how

Subject: Tech reviews of online help: how
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:43:50 -0400

I've been asked to post this question by a non-list member:

Question:
We are going to be designing some online help for the first time,
and we'd appreciate some advice on how people get their online help tech
reviewed by SMEs. If the review happens online, how do you ensure that
the reviewer has seen every single piece of the system? If the review
happens with the SME(s) reading a paper review doc, how does the writer
avoid just printing every screen and ending up with a huge stack of
unconnected pages? Thanks in advance for any advice you can
give us.

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"Some bring the news in a sermon on the mountain,
And some bring the news in a blueprint or a bulletin,
But I like those who come with the passion of a vision,
Like a child with a gift, like a friend with a question.
William Morris was one, in a story, in a song,
In the patterns that he wove, in the colours that he loved,
In the hope that he gave, he brought the news
From nowhere."
--Leon Rosselson