author, the verb part 2

Subject: author, the verb part 2
From: Roy Constible <rconstible -at- PACIFICCOAST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:07:53 -0700

TWs and assorted other writers,

I would like to add my two cents to Mr. Wise's comments...

>Ack! Yuck! Phooey! No, damn it, WE haven't agreed that this abomination
>coined by some unnamed semiliterate journalistic jackass is close to proper
>English.

re this weird ongoing discussion about "to author" and "to parent" and every
other attempt at changing the language to emphasize a particular occupation
or action. This illiteracy is nothing more than laziness, which falls into
the same classification as the word "priorize" which was coined in Canada a
few years ago by some ignorant politician trying to justify his existence.

Thank you for your time,

Roy Constible
R. A. constible and Assoc.
rconstible -at- pacificcoast -dot- net