Re: Word 97, RTF files and WinHelp

Subject: Re: Word 97, RTF files and WinHelp
From: David Young <davidy -at- WEXTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:55:21 -0400

Andrea,

> I recently installed Word 97 on my computer and when I attempted to
compile help using .rtf files that had been edited with Word 97 I received
an error message which claimed: Assertion failure: Heap is corrupted.<

This is because Word 97 doesn't write .RTF files in a way that the Help
compiler can interpret. WexTech offers a free utility to filter out
incompatible tokens from Word 97 .RTF files so that those files can be used
with older versions of the Microsoft Help compilers. This utility is
available to all Help authors and does not require Doc-To-Help to run. To
download this file visit the "Free Development Resources" section of our
web site at http://www.wextech.com.

Regards,

David Young
Senior Technical Support Representative