How Many Tech Writers

Subject: How Many Tech Writers
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- GHAYHOE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 14:20:04 -0400

INTECOM's 25,000 members (I suspect the figure is out of
date--it's probably closer to 30,000 now) includes all the
members of its constituent societies, including STC, IEEE PCS,
CRT, tekom, ISTC, etc. The two international societies--STC with
21,000 members and IEEE PCS with 2,400--account for the vast
majority of those members. The other constituent societies are
national organizations and are much smaller.

I recall hearing that the US population includes about 200,000
technical writers, based on 1990 census data.

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 803-642-2156
Fax: +1 803-642-9325
Award-winning Web site: http://www.ghayhoe.com