Robohelp for a newbie

Subject: Robohelp for a newbie
From: Chris Betterton <chrisb -at- CONTEXT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 11:35:00 +0100

I'm leaving my current job for pastures new, and a non-technical
writer is taking over from me. I don't want to leave him completely
floundering, so I've been briefing him on all our (software)
documentation, what I've done, what he needs to, etc.

To get to the point, he knows nothing about Winhelp, and therefore
has a lot to learn in the short time before the next product launch
(the summer). I author help using Word 6.0 and some macros,
because I know (more or less) what's going on. He doesn't.

The question is, would he be advised to get hold of Robohelp
or similar and use this? Would this significantly cut down the time it
takes for him to get up to speed? He has a fairly technical background
(science graduate) but works in marketing / sales at present.

Chris

Chris Betterton
Documentation Writer
Context Limited
email: chrisb -at- context -dot- co -dot- uk
web: www.justis.com