RoboHELP in a multi-user environment

Subject: RoboHELP in a multi-user environment
From: Justine Jordan <JustineJ -at- SELECTST -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:56:38 +0100

Hi,
Has anyone out there any experience in using RoboHELP in a multi-user
environment? We are having a few problems, due to the fact that a
project only has one project document and so only one user can have an
editable version of the project open at any one time. Other users can
then work on their RTFs, but cannot compile until the user with the
project document open closes it. To complicate matters, we're also
working through Microsoft Source Safe, so each file needs to be checked
out before it's used. We're building a complex help system and it seems
a really cumbersome way of working. Let me know if you have similar
set-ups and how you manage them. Thanks!

Justine Jordan
Senior Technical Author
tel: +44 (0)1242 229726
email: justinej -at- selectst -dot- com