Linking HTML-based Help to Application

Subject: Linking HTML-based Help to Application
From: Marsha Wolicki <wmarsha -at- ILCCM1 -dot- IIL -dot- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:38:38 IST

Friends,

I used the Blue Sky Help to HTML Converter in the WINHELP Office package to
convert an RTF OLH to HTML-based help. The RTF OLH was extensively mapped to the
application to provide context-sensitive help. For example, the application
helps programmers write code. Selecting an instruction mnemonic displays the
appropriate page in the OLH.

What do I have to do to the application or the HTML-based help to get the same
functionality?

The application works on NT, and was developed in Visual C++ using MFC and an
AppWizard. (I hope that makes sense. I am quoting the application engineer.) The
application automatically looks for a .HLP file with the same name as the
application. The application engineer doesn't know where the .HLP file is
called. We have several mapping files with .h, .hm suffixes that are included in
the .hpj file.

I inherited the OLH and updated it using Microsoft Help Workshop 4.0.

How do I get the application to call the HTML help? Is all the mapping lost?
Does all the context sensivity not convert?

Marsha