Re: Frame imported graphics

Subject: Re: Frame imported graphics
From: Melanie Fielek <mfielek -at- INRI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 19:09:15 -0400

On Thu, 15 May 1997, SUZANNE PYLE wrote:

> When you import into Frame, you have the option of importing by reference
> or copy into document. I can see the benefit in copying directly into the
> doc because Frame doesn't have to go hunting for graphics in some other
> directory which may not be with the source file. But, can you tell me good
> reasons for using the other option (import by reference)? I'm trying to
> make a wise decision on which way to go with graphic importing!

One excellent reason to import by reference is correcting the graphics
becomes simple. When a graphic needs to be changed/fixed/updated, just
keep the name and location of the graphic the same. When you open
the file, Frame will automatically get the new one. When a graphic
is hard-pasted in a document, it must be manually replaced each time
it is changed.

Melanie J. Fielek, Tech Writer | Life is a banquet,
Inter-National Research Institute | and most poor suckers
mfielek -at- inri -dot- com | are starving.
1991 Honda Hawk 650GT - Marissa | -- Auntie Mame
-- All opinions are mine, _mine_, MINE! --