Re: Tips for saving selected digest entries?

Subject: Re: Tips for saving selected digest entries?
From: Mary Howe <thunder -at- IDIR -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:54:09 -0500

cbutcher <cbutcher -at- EXECPC -dot- COM> wrote:

>A few weeks back, someone posted an excellent tip for using Find and
>Replace for reading the digest. Are there any tips for good ways to >save selected items from a digest?

That was me. Saving things (and replying) is a bit cumbersome with the
digest, but not terrible. Here are two ways to do it:

1. Block and copy the post you want to save. Open a new email message
to yourself. Paste in the text you saved, and give the message a useful
subject line. Send it to yourself. Then you can hang onto it in your
email folders, which makes it easy to respond to or delete later.

2. Block and copy the post you want to save. Open a new text file in
your favorite word processor and paste in the text. Save the file.

To reply to a post, I use method #1, but send it to the poster. I also
prefer this method for saving stuff for myself because it's easy to
delete later. If I have text files of email messages I tend to forget
what they were for.

Mary

--
Mary Howe