Re: Radical idea

Subject: Re: Radical idea
From: Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 12:31:13 -0700

Mark L. Levinson said:
> I've never seen a company where the writers were great comrades of
> the trainers.

You should come visit my company, then. The trainer that works on my
products and I get along really well and often discuss ideas about
presentation of the material. We divide information up, sometimes, to
make sure the whole spectrum gets covered or gets reinforced if it's
something difficult.

> The trainers are affable glad-handers who couldn't
> care less about correct language.

Mine is one of my best reviewers.

> The writers are perfectionists and loners.

Not all writers are loners.

> I don't know about support people, but if I understand
> correctly, they have no time to waste finding an answer but all the
> time they need to refine it if it's misunderstood or doesn't work,

The support guys for my products tips me off where the documentation
needs to be rewritten or clarified.

What, all jobs aren't like this????

Karen
karen -at- wordwrite -dot- com